Sunday, November 06, 2005

Honored

This evening my spouse and I were honored by our private school for being founding members. Nine years of operations, eleven years of nurturing. As they called us all up for a group gift presentation I found myself hugging all these incredible people, people I had grown with over eleven years. People, even those with whom I had little in common, I knew better than I knew almost anyone with whom I grew up. People that had sacrificed, argued, cried and stood together in solidarity to bring our little school of twenty three kids to a powerful 160-student school with all the growth potential, politics and culture an expensive tuition can allow.

We are all blessed to be part of it, and I feel humbled by the opportunity offered to me to make a difference not only for my children's education, but that of my friends and neighbors. Mazal tov and yashar ko'ach!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home